"Keep a diary, and one day It'll keep you"

Thursday, August 6, 2015

"Unattractive"

Today someone pointed out some flaws in my personality, and continued to tell me that these flaws made me unattractive to them. That even though there are good parts to me, all they could see was the two parts they didn't like. That I was "unattractive" for this, but then told me that I'm still hot. As if my outer appearance, and my body was any cancellation to my apparently ugly personality. I have been told a lot of things, awful things, but this person already had so much power over my heart. They knew that and used it against me. Now that I'm sitting here in my room looking at my life, I realize that I noticed flaws in her too. I never pointed them out to her. I loved her for her strengths, weaknesses, and flaws. It did not make her seem "unattractive" to me. It made her more beautiful to me. The reason being is I see flaws in the people close to me, but I don't think any less of them for having them. So why is it that she saw my flaws and decided I was essentially ugly on the inside for them? I feel sorry for her. If she can't see past my flaws, how is she going to be truly happy with someone else? Perfect doesn't exist in anyone, so what is she going to do when she keeps expecting it? Either way I am done talking to someone who is just going to make me feel like that. I don't need that in my life. Some day someone will love me for all of my ups, and downs, and I will love for the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment