"Keep a diary, and one day It'll keep you"

Saturday, January 31, 2015

The ultimate goal in life, is happiness!

What does it all mean if your not happy? And by happy I don't mean having money to do, and have extravagant things. I mean laying down in your bed at night, can you smile for no reason at all? Doing something as simple as eating pizza. Is that enough to make you smile like an idiot? Well I can. Throughout my life, I have had wonderful mentors. They have all taught me different things. How to succeed, how to go to college, how to become a better writer. They all helped shape who I am, but there is one mentor whose impact is greater than all of the others. I met him when I entered a mentoring program at my High School when I was 14. He taught me the most important lesson. One that will carry me through High School, college, and my future beyond my education. He taught me how to be happy. How to find happiness in ones everyday life. That it is a CHOICE whether you are happy or not. You may think you need that jacket to be happy. You may think you need a relationship to be happy, but you don't. What you need to be happy, is a positive state of mind. Happiness is something you gain when you realize that "I am the master of my fate I am the captain of my soul." Once you reach a place in your life where you are honestly, and truly happy, you will find that life is beautiful. Even in all of its faults.

No comments:

Post a Comment