"Keep a diary, and one day It'll keep you"

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I Have Found Myself :)

When I started my soul searching a week or so ago, I decided to try a few things and see how I felt about them. Of these things, I started practicing yoga, writing (I have only posted one of my entries), and a whole lot of thinking. Yoga helped me relax. Just to open my mind to what I'm really feeling, while engaging my body in a strenuous activity. Writing helped me organize those thoughts. To narrow them down to something that makes sense. Then comes the thinking. "Who am I?" "What do I want to come out of my life?" "What do I want to do?". Those questions kept coming up in my head, and while I was trying to answer them, I was trying to juggle my school work, my job, my social life, and this new practice(yoga). My own identity was slipping through the cracks. Thankfully, it all came together today. One of my best friends today told me she was thinking about the peace corp. I thought it was kinda funny, because I had been thinking a lot about traveling since I got back from my trip to London, England over Christmas break. I have known for a while that I wanted a career that allows me to travel and do something that I love. I just didn't know what kind of jobs did that other than corporate jobs, which I absolutely don't want. So when I told her this, we were in the computer lab at school, so I decided I would do some research. Whenever I have an idea in my head, an idea I'm thinking of pursuing, I research it to make sure it's something I really want to do. I looked up "jobs for traveling". I didn't really care so much for the first few that I saw, which were a travel nurse (not good with needles), a flight attendant, a tour guide, etc. But the one that really stuck out to me, was a travel writer. At first I wasn't sure why the idea of a travel writer stuck out to me, but then I thought about it. Last year I really started to enjoy writing. Starting with my APUSH essays, writing the schools centennial play, and starting this new personal writing. So there's the writing aspect, but the traveling aspect is what really excites me. When I was in London, it created a new passion within me. A love of the world, other cultures, and a drive to experience all that life has to offer me. Then after deciding this during the day at school, I was telling my teachers what my new course of direction was. They all had the initial "that sounds amazing and perfect for you reaction". That's what really helped me decide that being a travel writer would provide amazing experiences, and memories for me. A life with no "what if's".

No comments:

Post a Comment