"Keep a diary, and one day It'll keep you"

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Disappointments

What do you do when you don't get accepted into your dream college? You stare at the screen. Rereading the word "DENIED" over, and over again. You feel this heat rising up in you. A heat that makes you uncomfortable in your own skin. After a few minutes of seeing your life crumble at the sight of one word, reality sinks in. You start asking yourself all kinds of questions. Questions like, what am I going to do? Where am I going to go? I created this whole life, this whole plan for the rest of my life based on the fact that I was told by everyone that I was going to get in! And I didn't. What do you do when your faced with that? That kind of disappointment? Do you cry? Do you scream? Do you go straight to your original plan B? A plan you have absolutely no interest in pursuing, whatsoever? Well I'll tell you what I did. I turned around, and I created a brand new plan. One people are trying to get me to dismiss. A plan that has potential to be an amazing opportunity, but it seems that everyone is trying to make me do what THEY want me to do. If there are a million ways to get anywhere in the world, why is it so important that I take one specific rout to get to the desired place in my future?

No comments:

Post a Comment