"Keep a diary, and one day It'll keep you"

Sunday, February 8, 2015

When It's Good For The Soul

Today it rained. I don't mean a slight sprinkle like it usually is here in Sacramento. It was a real, heavy downpour. Like the rain we used to have in Washington almost everyday. It wasn't until I was walking to my car in the midst of it, that I realized how much I missed the rain. The feeling of the crisp cold water on my skin, and the way the clean air feels refreshing to breathe in.

I lived in Washington state until I was fourteen years old. For the first two years that I lived here I couldn't sleep unless I was listening to the rain. I had to download an app that had the sound of rain, and I would play it in my room until I would fall asleep. Today I noticed that I haven't had to do that in the last year and a half. That I stopped needing the rain. When I was younger, and going through rough times I would go out in the rain to help clear my mind. The rain would sooth my mind, and nourish my soul. As much as I love it here, California sadly doesn't provide much rain for me. I had to find new things to replenish my soul. Which now that I think about it, is probably why I don't need to listen to the rain on m phone anymore. Now I do thing like reading, practicing yoga, and this blog, because they are whats good for my soul. They fill the hole that leaving Washington created. With these things I am whole, and my soul is thriving!

What do you do, that's good for your Soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment